At a Internet Cafe? Accessing your email using Office 365’s Outlook Web Access? You can chat directly from Outlook Web Access, with your Lync contacts.
Prerequisites: The contact you want to Instant message has to be either a Lync user with open federation enabled, or a Windows Live Messenger user.
- Log into https://login.microsoftonline.com
- Select Outlook
- To open your Lync contacts, select the Address Book link in the top right hand corner.
- To chat with your internal contacts, select the Default Global Address List.
- To chat with your external contacts, select Contacts.
- Select the contact from the middle pane. As long as they have an IM address entered into their contact record, you can chat with them.
- In the right details pane, select Chat. A separate window will open to send instant messages.