Digital transformation is a complex process that changes how enterprises work and go to market. Work is no longer constrained by a physical place or specific time of the day. Distributed, empowered teams can access resources and collaborate, effectively and securely. Today work is less place dependent and time bound.
Olympic Software NZ has a broad depth of experience in creating software solutions that deliver competitive advantage to our clients. We have a proven history of doing so. Whilst our DX2 procurement solution has been a recent addition, we have engineered it using the same process we have used in creating our other software solutions. By listening to a wide range of feedback from our clients and by thinking of innovative approaches to the common problem set.
This depth of experience, especially in the digital integration and ecommerce space means that we can offer a long-term partnership with our clients, with the ability to extend the digital transformation goal past the initial problem our clients came to us to solve.
Woolworths Australia offers a real-life example of how we have helped deliver competitive advantage to this key client. With our help, Woolworths went from generating $135m per annum in online grocery sales in 2012 to more than $2b per annum by 2018.
Another example. Using the DX2 EDI platform, Brother NZ Ltd and Antares (Burger King) send/receive thousands of digital documents every month from their supplier/customer systems direct to their own ERP systems. This saves them thousands of dollars every year in staff expense spent entering these invoices manually and correcting mistakes.
Digital transformation as a key objective
Businesses today have seen technological advancement at a pace that drives them dizzy. Whilst many companies have taken up the digital challenge in some forms; many others have faced slow progress.
The common objective that executives often want to achieve is to go “paperless”. There is a perception that going paperless will somehow resolve much business pain. This is far from the truth.
We have seen it time and time again with our clients. An investment in expensive software applications that can help with going paperless and automating some of the processes, however after the implementation there is little evidence of return on investment. Often this is due to various factors such as poor user adoption, lack of functionality, manual interruptions in processes and so on. But there is a bigger, underlying issue. The stakeholders perceived that going digital would somehow reduce operating costs, streamline processes, increase efficiency and therefore increase margins. Whilst they do see some benefits such as streamlined processes and better control, it appears like going digital didn’t really deliver an improvement to the bottom line.
Hence the need to take digitisation one step further. Let’s look at the three steps to digital transformation:
- Digitisation – Is turning physical documents into digital data. Often, companies proclaim that they have gone digital by eliminating the use of paper files and folders and resorting to storing data digitally. They may even automate some paper based manual processes using simple workflow tools. This is a good start but hasn’t helped much.
- Digitalisation – Using the digitised data to augment the process so that it becomes so much more than just the data itself. You’ve taken what was once a paper document in a very manual process and you’ve digitised the paper, then used that digital data in a truly digital, optimised process. In the DX2 context, this process includes; transport, tracking, collaboration, approval, distribution, analysis, tagging. The result is an augmented process.
- Digital Transformation – Is the result of the two processes above being in place. The outcome? Optimised performance, an enhanced business experience for your customers and suppliers, reduced operating costs and better business performance.
Digital transformation options for your organisation
DX2 Shared B2B Workspace
- DX2 is an online shared workspace for the secure (private) exchange of documents and related messages between internal staff and/or external suppliers/customers in a business process.
- Dx2 provides your workers a mix of physical, digital and immersive technologies to transform their workplace, enabling you to evolve toward a quicker, virtual, borderless and task-oriented mode of operation.
- Dx2 provides a flexible and highly connected working environment enabling mobility, collaboration and access to the resources that workers need to contribute and innovate, effectively and securely, with speed and ease.
- Dx2 provides a digital network that augments and automates work, creating new opportunities for value creation within your business. It is fundamentally people-driven and powered by technology to create experiential work.
DX2 Capture & Approvals and DX2 Purchase, enables organisations to automate the accounts payables process and cut administration costs. But it is also offers so much more than that. By digitising physical invoices and purchase orders and being able to send them through a digital process that includes transport, tracking, collaboration, approval, distribution, analysis, tagging. You are digitally transforming a key part of your business. DX2 Procurement offers a new and innovative approach focused on digitising paper, user adoption, and simple, intuitive processes that work. Although it is a very sophisticated solution with lots of functionality for creating purchase orders, turning invoices into digital data and getting approval of purchase orders and invoices; it is also simple to deploy and simple to use. DX2 Digital Document Exchange is an alternative to traditional EDI. When your customers are ready to send or receive documents digitally then you’ll be ready with DX2. DX2 offers a bridge to the future on your digital transformation journey. Find out more.
Trader Ecommerce is a large, scalable ecommerce solution that helps you to anticipate what your customers need before they need it; and deliver it at the right price quickly. This is crucial in the ecommerce space for organisations seeking to gain competitive advantage through this very important sales channel. We have crafted ecommerce solutions for some of Australasia’s biggest companies, and we understand how critical it is to get it right. We also have experience of creating portal solutions for clients for their use with customer and/or suppliers. To further the digital transformation theme, we can also look at what to do with the sales data once the sale is complete. How does that flow through to the ERP system, or CRM system. Would it be beneficial to use a catalogue or Punch Out functionality? Whatever your ecommerce needs, we can help. Find out more.
Go Timesheets, Expenses and Leave for Large Organisations
Go is an online and mobile timesheet, expenses and leave solution for large organisations. We have implemented Go for large organisations such as; The Ministry for Primary Industries (2,200 staff and contractors), Quotable Value (200 staff) and Otago Regional Council (180 staff). The beauty of Go is that it’s able to be integrated to any backend financial ERP or Payroll system. Invoices can be produced off time entered by staff into timesheets and this information can then be integrated to the ERP system. Staff love that they can track their time and expenses on the go (online or offline) which increases compliance in this area. If timekeeping and expense tracking is a critical part of your financial operation then talk to us about Go. Find out more.