Improve Your Processing
There are tools to suit all businesses, with some specific options for organisations that operate multiple legal entities in a single Dynamics GP database (Interfund).
These tools will be added to and enhanced over time giving organisations the option to easily update as new functionality is released.
An overview of Olympic Tools for GP
What is Easy Distribution for Dynamics GP?
What is Auto RM for Microsoft Dynamics GP?
When entering a transaction in Dynamics GP, users are faced with a large list of GL codes to choose from for any one transaction. Searching for the right account can be troublesome. And even when users know the accounts, some transactions have a number of entries, all taking data entry time. The entry screen itself is multi-line meaning users have to add extra mouse clicks to allow for entry of additional details.
Easy Distribution allows users to set up a schedule of accounts to use during data entry. The entry screen is presented in a flat format with the two main entry fields side-by-side. The GL accounts are already populated leaving the user only to enter the required values.
- Simplifies the distribution entry screen.
- Removes the need to look up on accounts.
- Zero dollar lines will be ignored when distributions are created.
- Negative values can be entered to create an offset.
Most organisations have some need to recharge a value that has been received from a supplier – most commonly being staff recharges. These are usually coded through a clearing account. Your current process is probably something like this:
- Download the clearing account to Excel.
- Remove the lines that match off because they have already been recharged.
- Print the remainder and manually raise the invoices.
- Repeat next cycle.
This process is time-consuming and requires lots of manual intervention. Auto RM allows users to set up a trigger against specific general ledger accounts to identify payables transactions that need to be recharged. When a transaction is posted in Accounts Payable, coded to the defined account, the transaction is added to a staging table. Update the information, select the transaction and create the invoice in Receivables Management. Print the batch and post the transactions and you are done. This makes the process much faster and very simple.
- Document Description, Document Date, Customer ID and Amount are all editable.
- Single easy view of all the items to recharge.
- No more matching off in Excel.
When operating multiple entities in a single database where they all require their own Balance Sheet and P&L, the most effective way to keep things clear is to have separate Vendor accounts for each entity. This means setting up and maintaining the same vendor multiple times. This is time-consuming, open to error and usually does not get buy in from staff.
Setup and maintenance is now easy with Multi-Vendor. Set up the master Vendor and then use Multi-Vendor to setup the rest. Make changes to the master Vendor and then use Multi-Vendor to apply the changes to the rest.
- Exclamation mark shows that new vendors will be created.
The most common complaints we get from clients is the usability of the enquiry windows. Sort options are limited, no totals on the screen and if you want to analyse the detail further, you need to go to SmartList to get a decent view to download. A number of windows have been enhanced based on these common requests. The two key windows are Payables Transaction Enquiry by Vendor and Receivables Transaction Enquiry by Debtor.
- Defaults to sort by document date descending.
- Option to sort date descending or ascending.
- Window balance at the bottom of the screen shows the total of what is currently displayed.
- Export the current selection to Excel in an easy to read and use format.
Other Included Features!
A number of other features are also included with the purchase price:
– Enable Company Colours – change the colour of the background for each independent Dynamics GP database.
– Default POP Type to Shipment / Invoice – a little setting to save some mouse clicks!
– Enable GL Segment – used to help with data entry related to multi-entity environments.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Olympic Tools for GP cost?
Annual Maintenance is based on current list price. As more functionality is added to the product, the list price will go up. You can get the latest version of the tools, without additional purchase cost, by increasing the annual maintenance you pay. This makes it an easy decision to get new functionality as it becomes available.
What versions of Microsoft Dynamics GP are supported?
Do I need help with installation?
Read Our ERP Blog Articles
Like any project, a Trader-to-Microsoft Dynamics GP integration for your online store is bound to hit some roadblocks along the way. But if implemented properly, these systems can help you to succeed in the competitive world of e-commerce.read more
Here's a little presentation on all the key improvements in GP2018 that are applicable in the NZ market. If you're interested in upgrading to GP2018 please contact your Olympic Software Account Manager or our Support Desk; email@example.com more
Microsoft Dynamics GP Distribution Management maintains tight control over distribution, and streamlines your pick/pack/ship cycle to give you competitive advantage. From forecasting to delivery, Microsoft Dynamics GP will help you accelerate your sales order...read more